Project to Try: Hat Making

Hatsmain_large

Regardless of what Phil has to say, I’m feeling like winter is never going to end (I mean, 6+ more inches in the forecast for us tomorrow?). Since my winter coat has become a permanent fixture on my body lately, I was looking for some ‘fun’ accessories to spruce it up and decided on… a hat! While constructing a hat may seem daunting, there are a number of books, patterns, and tutorials that can simplify the process. One of my favorites? Saturday Night Hat: Quick, Easy Hatmaking for the Downtown Girl. Even though this title has been around for awhile, it has some great basic styles to get you started, fantastic tips, and inspiration on sprucing up some vintage finds. Looking for a few more ideas? Check out this article from DIY Design – not only are there lots of styles to think about, but links to tutorials and patterns to make them up.


View the original article here